Tuesday, March 1, 2011

LCD Soundsystem | I Can Not Figure You Out

LCD Soundsystem is a challenging enigma for me to crack. People have tried to put it into some sort of box. An ever ending quest to define what they are. What they play. I'm just not certain.

There are certain bands that have an extreme sense of consistency in their sound. They have stand out tracks, and lot's of other's that make up a steady collection that line up with their sound.

Sure LCD has the distinct voice of James Murphy. Some sort of analog synth, dance punk, electro sound that you could call their own.

There are certain songs that come from this project that I could listen to on repeat for hours. Then I hear other things, and I feel obliged to skip it. I think that's always been the appeal of LCD to me; they can make your jaw drop and just as quickly bring you let you down.

Anyway, here are two of my favourite tunes by LCD Soundsystem...



And this is off their latest album. Ironically, it's probably the catchiest tune, and if shortened, probably could be a hit:

No comments:

Post a Comment